I’m so excited to be spotlighting the eleventh special guest for The Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party!
Celesta Thiessen lives in Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada with her husband and two young daughters. They’re homeschoolers and entrepreneurs. Her husband and her make iOS apps and she writes stories. Being a writer is magical – spinning nothing into stories – stories that can light the way to a different world.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
I’m a follower of Jesus.
– What’s the best thing about being a writer?
The best thing about being a writer is making something out of nothing – instead of like spinning straw into gold it’s like spinning nothing into gold. It’s magical!
– It really is a magical experience! How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
I need Jesus so much. He’s everything to me. I think that comes through in my stories. I never feel like I have to force spiritual themes or anything like that. I just write the stories from my head that interest me and my faith comes though into my writing.
– For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
I wouldn’t want to go anywhere very dangerous because I’m a mom with young kids that really need me. I guess I’d say Narnia to see Aslan. He’d keep me safe and it would be wonderful to see him.
– It really would be wonderful to see him. Thanks for chatting with me today, Celesta! So excited to have you as one of the special guest’s for the event!
Celesta will be chatting from 9:30-9:45 EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out!