I’m so excited to be spotlighting the fourth special guest for The Twelve Writers of Christmas Facebook Party!
I write books and design websites. I love strategy games, home-grown berries, and Texas winters. I’m terrified of plot holes and red wasps.
My husband is my manly cowboy astronaut muse. We live between Austin and the cattle ranch, where our hyperactive spawnling and wolfpack can run free.
Speculative fiction is my favorite thing ever. Spiritual powers and mind-readers? Yes, please. Elementals and dragons? Sure! Angels and demons and everything in between? You bet.
My favorite authors growing up were C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Frank Peretti, and Ted Dekker. I don’t think a book needs to have language or sex in it to make an awesome story.
And don’t think you have to be preachy to be a Christian. If my books can reflect one smidgeon of the mind-boggling creativity of Yahweh or the epic heroism of Yeshua, then my goal as an author will be achieved.
Visit jamiesfoley.com to learn more about her.
– For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Aw, man! I hate talking about myself, but I’ll try. How about… fiery, strategic, and ice cream.
Wait, can I describe myself with ice cream? Is that a thing? If so, it’s gotta be chocolate chip cookie dough.
– Ice cream is totally a thing! Though, I personally prefer gummy bears. Haha! What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Daydreaming and actually being able to call it work!
– Well said! How has your spiritual walk influenced your writing?
I write to entertain, but my true purpose is to reflect the creativity, love, and overall awesomeness of our Creator.
Many parts of my life have been dark–from my 6-year-old little sister getting cancer to my Bible teacher embezzling money from our Christian academy to a car wreck my 4-month-old girl and I shouldn’t have survived. So my writing can be intense and raw… but never without meaning, and never as dark as what Christ went through.
But no matter what we suffer through, God always has a plan for His glory and our good–and that is what I want to display through my stories.
– Amen! I’m so thankful He does! For my last question, if you had the ability to jump into any story and live there for a week, what book what you choose?
Definitely Narnia. I’d love to meet Aslan, fly on the back of a gryphon, and have a spot of tea.
– I have to admit, that does sound enticing! Thanks for chatting with me today, Jamie! So excited to have you as one of the special guest’s for the event!
Jamie will be chatting from 7:45-8:00 EST. Wonder what she is going to talk about?
You’ll have to stop by the party on December 12th to find out!