Woo hoo! The celebration of the release of the third and final book of Morgan Elizabeth Huneke’s Time Captives trilogy is still going strong!
Today, I’m sharing an interview I had with Morgan about her latest release , but let me introduce you to book three, Crannig Castle.
(Scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out all the other blogs taking part in the tour!)
God, please look after Adriel. Keep him safe and keep him from acting foolish. And please help him to be able to find me.
Rae knew she could trust God to look after both of them. It was all she had now.
The Time Captives have been reunited. The rightful king has been freed. Now all that remains is to defeat the strytes who still hold a tyrannical rule over the people of Calhortz. But with their lack of soldiers, it’s a task that is easier said than done. They need allies, but are they worth it when it requires facing ghosts from their pasts?
Returning to his home country only brings the loss of Adriel’s family to the forefront of his mind. His determination to find Rae has never ceased, but now that determination could potentially destroy all that he and the Time Captives have been working towards. And his new-found faith may not be able to withstand the challenge.
Will they be able to set aside their personal struggles for the sake of the freedom of all or will they allow their pasts to consume them? Will they manage to win back Crannig Castle from the rule of the strytes? The fate of Calhortz hangs in the balance.
Crannig Castle is the final book of the Time Captives trilogy, a tale of faith, family, fantasy, and a fight for truth and freedom.
– Hi Morgan! I’m so excited to have you on the blog! For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Christian. Writer. American.
– I saw in the “About Me” section of your site, that you’re a musician. Have you created your own music for the Time Captives trilogy?
Actually, once when I was struggling with writer’s block, I sat down at the piano and recorded myself improvising music for the series. My favorite was a piece in A minor for Adriel. I also (purposely) created a theme for his sister Rae in C major because I thought it was cool for their themes to be in keys relative to one another. Unfortunately, even though I started transcribing “Adriel’s Theme,” I never finished it or started on any of the others, and so have never rerecorded any of the songs or made them shareable. Maybe someday I will.
– That is so awesome ! I would love to hear some of those songs one day! If you could visit Calhortea, where would you like to go? Who would you hope to meet?
Ooh. That’s a tough one. I suppose it would partially depend on the time period. I would prefer to meet Adriel later on in his story as opposed to earlier, particularly since I can’t keep my mouth shut about spoilers, but I would have to go meet him. 😉 I’d also love to see the Falcon’s Wing where Eleanor and Grant spent so much time. And I’d have to go to Cumberland Castle and visit with Vannie and Kyle. Olithea would be really cool to see as well.
-I wouldn’t mind visiting any of those places either! I’ve heard on numerous occasions that most authors can’t choose a favorite character, but I am curious about who you would want to hang out with for a day. Who would you choose? What would you guys do?
It’s a toss-up between Adriel and Eleanor. It’s hard to choose. On one hand, I think Adriel would be slightly less depressing, but I think I’d be more likely to be able to have a heart to heart discussion with Eleanor. Whichever one, I’d try to do something fun. Go hiking, have dinner at the nicest place around, just talk. Though if world hopping was allowed, a day at the Magic Kingdom would be in order.
– Sounds like it would be a very enjoyable time! I have loved the Hubbard family! Which of the siblings do you most relate to?
That would most likely be Jill. She’s my same personality type, and, like a lot of my girl characters, initially started out as a version of me. I feel like she’s sweeter than I am, but I still get her…even though I haven’t got any brothers and both my sisters are younger than me.
– For my last question, what is one thing you want readers to take away from reading Crannig Castle?
Forgiveness. While “faith apart from works is dead” is absolutely true, making mistakes—even big ones—does not mean you are not a Christian. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to stop sinning, we absolutely should, but we’re not going to be perfect in this life and Jesus’ blood has already washed away all our sins. Being a Christian requires constant progression, not perfection.
– Amen! What a powerful reminder about being a Christian. Love that! I appreciate you stopping by today and letting me chat with you, Morgan.
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke is a homeschool graduate who lives in Georgia. She has enjoyed creating characters and writing stories since early childhood. Books have always been a big part of her life, never more so than when working at the local library. Her other interests include reading, playing the piano and violin, and politics.
Join in the excitement of Crannig Castle and enter to win a special prize! The first prize winner will receive signed copies of the entire Time Captives trilogy. The second prize winner will receive a signed copy of Crannig Castle. The third prize winner will receive an eCopy of Crannig Castle in the eBook format of his/her choice. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only.
Blog Tour Schedule
Monday, November 7th
- Tour Introduction at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Book Review at Sarah Allerding
- Book Review at Written Rest
- Character Interview at Jenelle Schmidt ~ Rae
- Character Spotlight at Bring Your Own Books ~ Toarna
- Character Spotlight at However Improbable ~ Jill Hubbard
Tuesday, November 8th
- Book Review at ReadingAnyone
- Book Review at Books, Braids, and Born Again
- Character Interview at Bring Your Own Books ~ Jill Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at Jaye L. Knight ~ Allan Hubbard
- The End of This Story and the Beginning of All the Others at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Wednesday, November 9th
- Book Review and Author Interview at Reflections of the Heart
- Author Interview at Bookish Orchestrations
- Character Interview at Knitted by God’s Plan ~ Samantha Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at HOPE Through the Pages ~ Ariela
- You Might Also Like… at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Thursday, November 10th
- Book Review at Scattered Journal Pages
- Author Interview at The Overactive Imagination
- Author Interview at The Epic Place
- Character Interview at Books, Braids, and Born Again ~ Jonathan Hubbard
- Character Interview at HOPE Through the Pages ~George Hubbard
- The Effects of Writing at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Friday, November 11th
- Book Review at Bring Your Own Books
- Author Interview at HOPE Through the Pages
- Character Spotlight at Written Rest ~ Connor
- Character Spotlight at Leah’s Bookshelf ~ Jonathan Hubbard
- Character Q&A at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Saturday, November 12th
- Book Review at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
- Book Review at Scarlett! Reviews
- Character Interview at The Epic Place ~ Theodore Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at Bookish Orchestrations ~ Thomas Hubbard
- Writing Forward at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Monday, November 14th
- Tour Recap at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke