Woo hoo! The celebration of the release of the third and final book of Morgan Elizabeth Huneke’s Time Captives trilogy is still going strong!
Today, I’m sharing an interview I had with George Hubbard (probably one of my favorite character’s), but let me introduce you to book three, Crannig Castle.
(Scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out all the other blogs taking part in the tour!)
God, please look after Adriel. Keep him safe and keep him from acting foolish. And please help him to be able to find me.
Rae knew she could trust God to look after both of them. It was all she had now.
The Time Captives have been reunited. The rightful king has been freed. Now all that remains is to defeat the strytes who still hold a tyrannical rule over the people of Calhortz. But with their lack of soldiers, it’s a task that is easier said than done. They need allies, but are they worth it when it requires facing ghosts from their pasts?
Returning to his home country only brings the loss of Adriel’s family to the forefront of his mind. His determination to find Rae has never ceased, but now that determination could potentially destroy all that he and the Time Captives have been working towards. And his new-found faith may not be able to withstand the challenge.
Will they be able to set aside their personal struggles for the sake of the freedom of all or will they allow their pasts to consume them? Will they manage to win back Crannig Castle from the rule of the strytes? The fate of Calhortz hangs in the balance.
Crannig Castle is the final book of the Time Captives trilogy, a tale of faith, family, fantasy, and a fight for truth and freedom.
– Hi George! I’m so excited to be chatting with you today! For those who don’t know you, can you share three words to describe yourself?
Inadequate. Guilty. And I suppose redeemed.
– I loved how you shared that you’re redeemed! I would describe myself as being redeemed, too. You’ve been a Time Captive for a long time. What are some of the things you miss from your old world?
I most certainly miss my family. I have four siblings, and naturally my parents. We spent much time together, and it was difficult to adjust to being without them. I have heard news of them from my nieces and nephews, but it is not the same as being there with them. Also, I had wished to go to sea. I have thus far only voyaged to the Crossways and back, which, while technically going to sea, is not quite the same thing. Knowing Eleanor’s experience at sea, however, I cannot fully envy her.
– I would also miss my family. You’re definitely strong, George! What is one of the worst things about being a Time Captive besides never changing?
My likely conclusion would be the combined enmity and expectations. We are very hated and also feared by the stryte population, and that is never a comfortable situation, particularly considering that it is the strytes who rule the country. The enslaved of the country of Calhortz, however, expect us to free them from tyranny. While in principle, that is exactly what I want to do, it is much more difficult in practice, and I greatly fear to disappoint them with my inadequacy.
– That sounds like an uncomfortable situation! What are some of your favorite foods in Calhortea? Do any of the dishes remind you of food from back home?
The culture in Calhortz is somewhat similar to the culture back home, and likely the food, but I have had little opportunity to sample the fare. I spent several years as a plantation slave and then the majority of the rest of my time as a prisoner at Crannig Castle, so my food has been rather plain and simple.
– Let us hope that you may have those dishes from back home very soon! When you’re feeling down or discouraged, is there a Bible verse that comes to mind?
“Also we know that all things work together for the best unto them that love God, even to them that are called of his purpose.” Romans 8:28. I have been through some difficult times, and many of my fellow Time Captives have been through worse, but I can look at so many heroes of the Bible and see that what man meant for evil, God used for good. I can only trust that He will do the same in our cases.
– Amen! I can do the same thing as I look at the heroes of the Bible and be reminded that God is always with us. I appreciate you stopping by today and letting me chat with you, George.
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke is a homeschool graduate who lives in Georgia. She has enjoyed creating characters and writing stories since early childhood. Books have always been a big part of her life, never more so than when working at the local library. Her other interests include reading, playing the piano and violin, and politics.
Join in the excitement of Crannig Castle and enter to win a special prize! The first prize winner will receive signed copies of the entire Time Captives trilogy. The second prize winner will receive a signed copy of Crannig Castle. The third prize winner will receive an eCopy of Crannig Castle in the eBook format of his/her choice. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only.
Blog Tour Schedule
Monday, November 7th
- Tour Introduction at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Book Review at Sarah Allerding
- Book Review at Written Rest
- Character Interview at Jenelle Schmidt ~ Rae
- Character Spotlight at Bring Your Own Books ~ Toarna
- Character Spotlight at However Improbable ~ Jill Hubbard
Tuesday, November 8th
- Book Review at ReadingAnyone
- Book Review at Books, Braids, and Born Again
- Character Interview at Bring Your Own Books ~ Jill Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at Jaye L. Knight ~ Allan Hubbard
- The End of This Story and the Beginning of All the Others at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Wednesday, November 9th
- Book Review and Author Interview at Reflections of the Heart
- Author Interview at Bookish Orchestrations
- Character Interview at Knitted by God’s Plan ~ Samantha Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at HOPE Through the Pages ~ Ariela
- You Might Also Like… at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Thursday, November 10th
- Book Review at Scattered Journal Pages
- Author Interview at The Overactive Imagination
- Author Interview at The Epic Place
- Character Interview at Books, Braids, and Born Again ~ Jonathan Hubbard
- Character Interview at HOPE Through the Pages ~George Hubbard
- The Effects of Writing at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Friday, November 11th
- Book Review at Bring Your Own Books
- Author Interview at HOPE Through the Pages
- Character Spotlight at Written Rest ~ Connor
- Character Spotlight at Leah’s Bookshelf ~ Jonathan Hubbard
- Character Q&A at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Saturday, November 12th
- Book Review at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
- Book Review at Scarlett! Reviews
- Character Interview at The Epic Place ~ Theodore Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at Bookish Orchestrations ~ Thomas Hubbard
- Writing Forward at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Monday, November 14th
- Tour Recap at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke