In celebration of the release of the third and final book of Morgan Elizabeth Huneke’s Time Captives trilogy, I’m here to share a character spotlight! But first, about the book. (Scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out all the other blogs taking part in the tour!)
God, please look after Adriel. Keep him safe and keep him from acting foolish. And please help him to be able to find me.
Rae knew she could trust God to look after both of them. It was all she had now.
The Time Captives have been reunited. The rightful king has been freed. Now all that remains is to defeat the strytes who still hold a tyrannical rule over the people of Calhortz. But with their lack of soldiers, it’s a task that is easier said than done. They need allies, but are they worth it when it requires facing ghosts from their pasts?
Returning to his home country only brings the loss of Adriel’s family to the forefront of his mind. His determination to find Rae has never ceased, but now that determination could potentially destroy all that he and the Time Captives have been working towards. And his new-found faith may not be able to withstand the challenge.
Will they be able to set aside their personal struggles for the sake of the freedom of all or will they allow their pasts to consume them? Will they manage to win back Crannig Castle from the rule of the strytes? The fate of Calhortz hangs in the balance.
Crannig Castle is the final book of the Time Captives trilogy, a tale of faith, family, fantasy, and a fight for truth and freedom.
Character Spotlight: Ariela
Physical Appearance: Dark hair, brown eyes, tanned skin.
History: Ariela is the second of six children and a slave since birth. She worked as a field hand as soon as she was old enough, alongside her parents and siblings. She was sold away from her family at the age of twelve, and went to work as a field hand on yet another plantation. A young man named Connor befriended and began looking out for her as soon as she arrived, quickly becoming her closest friend. Ariela has been a strong Christian since she was a child, and it is that faith which has sustained her these long years.
Author’s Notes: I was excited to finally meet Ariela in Crannig Castle. I’d already met Jaysen, and it was interesting to see how different Adriel’s siblings were from him—and how alike. I found Ariela most similar to Rae, but definitely a bossier, older version of Rae. She’s not afraid to use her big sisterly authority, but she’s generally nice about it. She also succumbed to my new-found habit of shipping every new character I create. How could I not? When she has a close friend who’s a guy, what else am I supposed to assume? But we’ll just have to wait and see where that goes.
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke is a homeschool graduate who lives in Georgia. She has enjoyed creating characters and writing stories since early childhood. Books have always been a big part of her life, never more so than when working at the local library. Her other interests include reading, playing the piano and violin, and politics.
Join in the excitement of Crannig Castle and enter to win a special prize! The first prize winner will receive signed copies of the entire Time Captives trilogy. The second prize winner will receive a signed copy of Crannig Castle. The third prize winner will receive an eCopy of Crannig Castle in the eBook format of his/her choice. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only.
Blog Tour Schedule
Monday, November 7th
- Tour Introduction at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Book Review at Sarah Allerding
- Book Review at Written Rest
- Character Interview at Jenelle Schmidt ~ Rae
- Character Spotlight at Bring Your Own Books ~ Toarna
- Character Spotlight at However Improbable ~ Jill Hubbard
Tuesday, November 8th
- Book Review at ReadingAnyone
- Book Review at Books, Braids, and Born Again
- Character Interview at Bring Your Own Books ~ Jill Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at Jaye L. Knight ~ Allan Hubbard
- The End of This Story and the Beginning of All the Others at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Wednesday, November 9th
- Book Review and Author Interview at Reflections of the Heart
- Author Interview at Bookish Orchestrations
- Character Interview at Knitted by God’s Plan ~ Samantha Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at HOPE Through the Pages ~ Ariela
- You Might Also Like… at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Thursday, November 10th
- Book Review at Scattered Journal Pages
- Author Interview at The Overactive Imagination
- Author Interview at The Epic Place
- Character Interview at Books, Braids, and Born Again ~ Jonathan Hubbard
- Character Interview at HOPE Through the Pages ~George Hubbard
- The Effects of Writing at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Friday, November 11th
- Book Review at Bring Your Own Books
- Author Interview at HOPE Through the Pages
- Character Spotlight at Written Rest ~ Connor
- Character Spotlight at Leah’s Bookshelf ~ Jonathan Hubbard
- Character Q&A at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Saturday, November 12th
- Book Review at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
- Book Review at Scarlett! Reviews
- Character Interview at The Epic Place ~ Theodore Hubbard
- Character Spotlight at Bookish Orchestrations ~ Thomas Hubbard
- Writing Forward at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Monday, November 14th
- Tour Recap at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke